Sivut

Friday 16 February 2018

Regency outfit for promenading in style



I visited (again) in Ireland at autumn (again). I wanted to take a new doll outfit with me so that I can take photos (again). Because Roísin had already a white regency, I thought that easiest solution would be sew just a spencer. A doll in white dress and a spencer jacket would look very classic, and it would suit well with a georgian manor house.

So, I sewed a jacket. It was very satisfying job. I love silk (who wouldn´t?) and that feeling and sound when my needle and yarn goes through it. And the colour of the silk was so yellow that it felt a bit like a sunshine in my brains.


I took the idea for this from Nancy Bradfield´s book Costume in Detail. For the construction I used ideas from Janet Arnold´s Patterns in Fashion and also Nancy Bradfield´s book.

I finished the spencer in some days. But when it was finished, it was certain that I couldn´t use Roísin´s old white gown: the neckline of the dress was wrong. And her underwear were all wrong, too. Her petticoat had a too long hem and too small neckline. And I wanted sew her a shift. So:








It´s a cotton dress. An idea for it is from Nancy Bradfield´s book.









Of course I had to sew a reticule also! Unluckily I didn´t have time to sew a hat. Of course there has been time after visiting in Ireland. But you know, because there is not a schedule anymore... Anyway, here is the reticule. Isn´t it cute!





(Pictures of this outfit visiting Ireland you´ll find here.)

No comments:

Post a Comment