Sivut

Thursday 13 December 2018

Christmas Colouring Pages



Every year it happens that between the second and the third Advent Sunday I realize that Christmas is actually quite near, and I begin to think Christmas cards and all the gifts I would like to sew or draw or paint. And I always end up doing something that I didn't plan. This time I ended up drawing Christmas colouring pages. (And now it is actually too late for posting any gifts and cards, so... Well. My family is used to get their Christmas presents at Midsummer - or later!)

Anyway. I thought it would be nice to share these colouring pages here in my blog. I know that there is already about twenty-three thousand wonderful Christmas colouring pages on this planet, but perhaps not yet any with a grumpy St. Lucia squirrel and a reindeer who is wrapping himself with wrapping paper. And I think there is always need for a grumpy St. Lucia squirrel. (Today is St. Lucia's day, by the way!) So here you are, my tiny Advent time gift for you!

Christmas Tree


Reindeer, owl and a squirrel are preparing for Christmas with my cat Astrid. One of the Three Wise Men has lost his way. A link to a PDF-file of this colouring page: HERE (link not available anymore)


Aurora Borealis


Some dwellers of the forest are having a Christmas Eve's prayer. A link to a PDF-file of this colouring page: HERE (link not available anymore)

Mister Vilhelmi Fox


"Mr Fox is writing his Christmas sermon." So says the text in the drawing. I left the pages of the books blank, so that you can decide what he is doing! (Because if you don't know any Finnish, the text under the picture is kind of irrelevant. Ok, you do know now what is written there. But you can still decide that he is Dumledore making his notes of whatever.)  A link to a PDF-file of this colouring page: HERE (link not available anymore)

 ***

These colouring pages are all scaled for A4 size. Notice that Aurora Borealis and Mr Fox need horizontal printing! I have scanned these drawings at a resolution of 600 dpi. My print tests look ok, so I hope you will got satisfying printing results, too!

Of course you know all those nice things how you use other's art in Internet, but I still remind you: Please, print the picture only for your own use. Share only coloured versions of the picture in social media. And finally, please, mention the origin of the picture (Elina Järvinen @sinihanhi_colours in Instagram), if you share a picture of your coloured version in social media. Thank you! And happy colouring! And, of course, happy Christmas!



1 comment: