Sivut

Wednesday 2 May 2018

Renaissance Inspired Cinderella Gown for a doll, part 1: sewing the gown

When Flavia (a Helen Kish doll) arrived, I decided immediately to sew her a Cinderella gown. And not any Cinderella gown, but a Disney Style Renaissance Inspired Cinderella Gown. I wanted to recreate this:

It's not a triumph of sewing skills, but it's one of my favourite, because it's one of my (rare) impulsive sewing projects. I remember that I was a bit down and decided to help myself with a sewingtherapy. I wanted to make something bling-bling in Disney princess style. I sewed the dress very quickly from materials I had at hand and did it without patterns and made all choices spontaneously. It was an accident that finished dress looked a bit like Renaissance gown. Because it was blue, it was of course Cinderella's dress. So. I named it Disney Style Renaissance Inspired Cinderella Gown :D

And now. Pictures about making Flavia's gown.

As you can see, the bodice pattern is Very Simple. First I sewed a golden net (yes, I know, of course it's not golden) and then added tiny pearls (yes, not pearls).

 (Very first thing to do was a chemise. I'll post pictures of it later.) Here is going on some fitting.

Next thing was to make tiny rings for attaching sleeves to the bodice. I sewed rings onto shoulder hem.

 Then some ribbon. As you can see, the tiny rings are hiding there on shoulders.

 Closeup.

And fitting just for fun.

 It looks a dress already!

But there is still lot to do.

Like gold thread and pearl embroidery (yes, again, not gold  and pearls). After embroidering I sewed a lining on this front part of skirt.

 If you look carefully, you can see that at this point I have sewed ribbon also to the waist.

This picture is here because Astrid is so CUTE.

And finally, the sleeves. I sewed lining on them. And attached tinyt rings on the shoulder-end of the sleeves.

Here you are! Two Cinderella's Renaissance Inspired Gowns!


P. S. There will be plenty of more pictures of the finished gown in an other post!



No comments:

Post a Comment