Sivut

Friday 25 May 2018

Renaissance Inspired Cinderella Gown for a doll, part 3: finished gown

(This post is about making the gown, this post is about the chemise of the outfit.)

Huge sleeves and a tiny-tiny train. Well, it's more like an overlong hem in the back. Well, aren't overlong hems called trains? Or is there a particular measurement that defines when it is a train and when it is an overlong hem?

I replaced the light blue organza ribbons of the sleeves with cream-yellow silk ribbons. And I took photos with the silk ribbons. But I can't find those photos...

The front part of the skirt is made from silk taffeta. All hems (and many seams) of this costume are hand stitched. Hand stitches are not as even as machine stitches (at leas my hand stitches are not), but I like the overall image of hand stitched (period) doll clothes. The image is kind of soft.

The front piece of the skirt is lined.

There is quite a lot of fabric in the back.

Synthetic velvet is not easy to handle (at least for me), but its softness is a good thing when you are sewing doll clothes. As you can see, it drapes beautifully.

I say this hook and eye closing is quite invisible! Yay!

The bodice part of the dress is lined with cotton.

Here you can almost see that the sleeves are lined also. Because of lining, the sleeves are very puff, not flat.

Tiny rings on shoulders and sleeves are for attaching sleeves to the bodice.

Next I'll post photos of my drama queen doll, Flavia, with this dress!

No comments:

Post a Comment